Where did this year go?
Can’t believe it’s Thanksgiving weekend.
And the start of KBAY’s Christmas music.
Yes 110% Christmas music from Thanksgiving Day through Christmas.
And this Jewish girl for one loves every minute of it!!
Had my last Board of Trustees mtg. for the year at Presentation High School yesterday.
And as always words of not only wisdom but from her heart by our Principal and leader Mary Miller…. That tomorrow is all about thanks!!! The gifts she said come after and yes she did have my favorite bottle of Lateral in front of my name tag. But she said first we need to realize all that we have and give thanks for what it is and who they are.
And for me, it is you of course. I am so thankful for my 25 years at KBAY. Where could I have it any better? No where!!! And when I think about my personal life and my two incredible daughters. I also can say could it be any better and the answer is also NO. We have always been a team but in the last few years since Mike has been gone we have become so much more , if that is possible. As corny as it does sound and stealing a line from a movie, They complete me!! And then there’s Jeff….and I am so blessed to have found love a second time around and from such an incredible person.
So do what I just did…take a minute and think about- not what isn’t going so well, but but all that is. I hope it’s a long list, but if it’s not, hopefully it will be next year.
What’s that old saying….every day is a gift!!
Happy Happy to you and yours!!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! http://www.facebook.com/SamVanZandtKBAY https://www.facebook.com/KBAYlissa
This was so popular this morning….the top ten things that get you mad on a daily basis.
This one hit a “nerve”…that’s for sure:
1. People who cut in line
2. When people are rude in general
3. People who don't listen
4. Spitting in public
5. Being put on hold
6. People who take advantage of government services like welfare, and don't plan on ever trying to get OFF welfare
7. People who act like the rules don't apply to them
8. People who text and drive
9. People who don't say please and thank you
Weird workplace rules. We all think we have one or two.
But these are really strange!!! And we suspect they came about because someone was dumb enough to do something stupid in the first place.
1. At a restaurant: "Don't mop the floor of the walk-in freezer."
2. At a gym: "No Scooters on the treadmills."
3. At a pet store: "Do not lick the reptiles."
4. At a medical school: "Do not steal the penises from the cadavers."
5. At a retail store: "Don't jump on the customers."
6. At a Best Buy: "No uploading pictures of your genitals on the computers."
7. At Ikea: "Toilets presented here are for decoration only."
8. At an office: "No bringing Tupperware to corporate events to load up with food to take home."
9. At a retail store: "If you must have sex in the parking lot, please take off your vest and nametag first."
10. At a shoe store: "The foot measuring tool is for measuring feet only."
So do tell….What is the stupidest or silliest rule you have at your job?
Just looking at this week I think it’s pretty silly that a lot of schools are only in session for two days this week. Why didn’t they take the whole week off? I bet a lot of kids are calling in sick for these two days. I’m looking at Facebook and a lot of people seem to be in Disneyland right now!!!!
Are you as bad as me…You hate every single picture someone takes of you?
I’m beginning to think I’m “bad subject” material…LOL!!
Maybe this is the answer.
How to look more photogenic? And from someone who should know….a professional photographer. Peter Hurley is his name. He says there are just tricks to know.
And he promises they will make you instantly look more photogenic every time.
Squint. Not a lot just a little and with a small closed-lip smile. He says you want to make the face you’d make if you knew a secret and it was making you a little cocky. Just make sure you don’t squint all the way…a la Gilbert Gottfried because that is not attractive. It’s more like a “knowing” smile with your eyes just a little big squinted instead of wide open, and a lot of confidence.
Stick your entire head forward a little bit. Try sticking your forehead toward the camera and keeping your chin out. That prevents any double chin and gives you a good jaw line.
What do you think? Let me know how it works for you!
I already know the answer for me….No matter what I do I still won’t like my picture!!!
Here is the list we talked about this morning.
The things we all do but never admit to doing.
Being Lissa…I right off the bat revealed that I have gone into the bathroom at work and run the water to make it seem like I was washing my hands. And lookie here, that same thing is on the list which means I am not the only one who has done, but perhaps the only one to admit to it. I will add though I almost always do wash my hands.
Sam’s is on the list too…..smelling his finger to see if it really does stink.
Here they all are:
Unfairly judging people at first glance . . . sometimes based on gender or race.
Changing a story just a little bit as you tell it, to make it better.
Picturing a couple having sex when you find out they're pregnant.
Talking to yourself at home, in the car, and maybe even in public.
Replaying fights and arguments in your head . . . only THIS time, you say all those brilliant things that came to you afterwards, and YOU win the argument.
Fantasizing about getting hit by a car or catching a disease . . . not life threatening, but just bad enough to get you out of work for a while.
Smelling your finger after you put it somewhere bad. Whether it's your crack, armpit, ear, belly button, between your toes, wherever.
Stalking people on Facebook and taking some pleasure in their unhappiness.
Skipping washing your hands . . . but running the water in case someone's listening.
I don’t know who comes up with this stuff but we’re glad they do.
By adding just one letter, you can change all sorts of movie titles.
And in some cases make them better than they were.
Take a look at these…. "The Dark Knight Rinses" "Look Who's Stalking Now" "The Spy Who Loved Men" "A Nightmare on Elmo Street" "Sitar Wars" "The Humane Centipede" "Ex-Men" "Kindergarten Coup" "Dude, Where's My Carp?" "Scarf-Face" "Citizen Kanye" "Must Love Dongs" "Three Men Sand a Baby"
How many holiday parties do you usually go to?
Not a lot for me, although now that I’ve got a “significant other”
I do tend to go to more than I did when I was alone.
The study we had this morning said the average woman, which apparently is not me, but might be you, puts in almost 50 hours preparing for holiday parties.
That’s 21 hours of shopping for outfits. OK, that might be me..LOL. I try not to wear the same thing because you could run into the same people at these parties.
18 hours at the gym working out.
6 hours researching a hairstyle, then getting their hair done.
4 hours of make up, fake tanning and teeth whitening.
The study claims women spend more time preparing for the Christmas party season than any other major event, including a friend’s wedding, New Year’s Eve, a birthday party or a big date.
Instead of looking at a glass half-empty, you can make it half full just by
Realizing how many things are going right.
And if someone you know needs a “pick me upper”
7 signs your life is awesome.
1. Food and drink are readily available. Even if you’re on a budget, you can find something to eat and water to drink.
2. You can take hot showers with clean water.
3. You’ve got bedding and walls. When you look at other parts of the world that can be a very big deal. Just look at the news this morning with Typhoon victims in the Philippines and Tornado victims in the Midwest. And beds are a total luxury and what about sheets. And if you’ve got a thermostat to adjust, life is even better.
4. You don’t have to walk.
5. You’re wearing clean clothes
6. People love you. Maybe not as many as you wish, but you have at least a couple of great people who love you. Can’t ever take that for granted.
7. You’re breathing right now http://www.facebook.com/SamVanZandtKBAY https://www.facebook.com/KBAYlissa
Lots of great answers this morning to this one question
“What’s your biggest fantasy? Other than winning Justin Timberlake tickets?
And Dell did that although he already knew he had to give them to his wife and daughter!!!
So here were the top 8 we found online.
1. Feeling like you could jump buildings and beat people up after watching an action movie.
2. Saving someone's life. That also includes the fantasy of having the pilot pass out, and YOU being the one who steps up and safely lands the plane.
3. Having a family with its own traditions that SEEM lame on the outside, but that everyone really loves . . . like Tuesday night pizza or board game night.
4. Running away and starting over from scratch.
5. Performing music to a massive, sold-out, adoring crowd.
6. Winning the lottery and figuring out how to spend the money . . . not all of it, but figuring out what to buy with a few million immediately.
7. Having super powers, like the ability to time travel or fly.
8. Finding a good, comfortable relationship.
Good stuff this morning on mailing packages so that when they arrive they arrive in one piece. 4 secrets from a guy who once worked for UPS.
Some of them really make sense!!
No need to write Fragile on the box as they don’t even pay attention to it. Each UPS handler loads about 250 packages an hour….so no..they don’t notice “fragile”…and since everyone puts “fragile” on the box, they ignore it anyway.
Disguise your box as a gift…which it probably is anyway. But do something cute to the box…put hearts on it, have your child color something on it. May be add a handwritten message in crayon. No one wants to make a child sad!!!
Don’t reuse boxes without removing every single sticker or label from it. The scanners scan the first bar code they encounter. So if there’s an old shipping label or bar code, that’s what will probably be used. That package could come right back to you!!!
Follow their instructions perfectly. If your package is destroyed or lost, you might be able to get reimbursed, but only if you followed all of their instructions. Always good to use a new box, don’t over pack it, use wide tape, and waterproof what’s inside.
You all missed the mark on this one today!
The key to a happy marriage is……how fast the wife stops being angry after an argument. I liked all of your answers better. Marie got the final word though. She called in to say “the key to a happy marriage is a divorce”….LOL. She added, and may be through experience, that a lot of times you get along much better when you’re not under the same roof!!!
Don’t think we’ll see this on Mad Men…but in New York, women executives are now having power pedicures. Lunch hour long brainstorming sessions that combine industry talk with pedicures. I love it….business deals and networking during paraffin treatments and toe nail polishings.