Talking about vending machines the other day.
What we have in ours here at KBAY and the new one in Belgium that makes French fries.
Well, what about this one?
It’s in Japan and it sells bras. Oh yes…Bras!!!
The machine includes a handy size chart and offers a wide range of bra colors. They’re $30.
And all I can think of is you put your money in, pick the bra you want and as it’s coming down the strap gets caught and the thing is left dangling with you shaking the machine to get it. As we all know, because we’ve all tried it, when something is caught coming down in the vending you can never shake it loose!!!
Hopefully you’ve got the Labor Day holiday off, so you don’t have to deal with any vending machines or any work!!! Have a good one!!!!
Required reading for parents of young girls.
Kim Keller wrote this letter to her daughter who grew up with “Hannah Montana”.
“Dear Daughter , let Miley Cyrus be a lesson to you”
Yes, this is what happens when you constantly hear everything you do is awesome. This is what happens when people fawn over your every Tweet and Instagram photo. This is what happens when no responsible adult has ever said the word “no,” made you change your clothes before leaving the house, or never spanked your butt for deliberate defiance.
If you ever even consider doing something like that, I promise you that I will run up and twerk so you will see how ridiculous twerking looks. I will duct tape your mouth shut so your tongue doesn’t hangout like an overheated hound dog. I will smack any male whom you decide to smash against his pelvis – after I first knock you on your butt for forgetting how a lady acts in public.
Why would I do that? Because I love you and I want you to respect yourself. Miley Cyrus is not edgy or cool or sexy. She’s a desperate girl screaming for attention: Notice me. Tell me I’m pretty. See how hot I am. I know all the guys want me. All the girls want to be me.
You probably know girls who will emulate this behavior at the next school dance. Don’t do it with them. You are far too valuable to sell yourself so cheaply. Walk away. Let the boys gawk and know in your heart that they see only a body that can be used for their pleasure and then forgotten.
I’m sorry if you’ve ever felt sad because I haven’t gushed over everything you’ve done. My role is to praise when praise is due, but also to offer constructive criticism and correction when it is needed as well. I’m sorry if you’ve ever felt demoralized because your Instagram following isn’t in the thousands, and I’m sorry those “selfies” can never capture how amazingly beautiful you truly are. I’m sorry if you’ve ever wished you had a friend instead of a mom, and I promise you that I will probably get worse when you hit high school.
Dear daughter, I am going to fight or die trying to keep you from becoming like the Miley Cyruses of the world.
You can thank me later.
What do you think? I think Kelly is a very wise Mom!!! http://www.facebook.com/SamVanZandtKBAY
Still not sure about the Burger King Fry burger...Do we really want fries ON our burger?
So here’s the other question…do you want to get your fries from a vending machine?
Mentioned this early this morning…
There’s a new vending machine in Brussels, Belgium that offers piping hot French fries and mayo or ketchup.
The whole process takes about a minute and a half. You drop in your coins, select a condiment and the machine does the rest. It drops frozen fries into steaming beef fat, then dumps them into a paper cone when they’re done cooking. You get a tiny fork and a foil packet of sauce. I think that could be a hit here…what do you think?
How many times do you walk by the vending machine at work…and just stare. There’s nothing you want. Well, this might hit the spot!
Always curious…if you could fill the vending machine, what would you put in it? I just looked at ours. We’ve got 5 types of chips, several types of crackers, cheez-its, corn nuts, 3 different trail mixes, 12 candy bars, cookies and mints and lifesavers. Not bad actually, if I weren’t on Weight Watchers!!!
Hope you heard the story this morning about the woman who found her stolen bike on Craigslist and then stole it back. Posted her picture on Facebook. She has this huge grin….I just love it.!!
And then there’s this story…that also stays with you. I cant say it makes you smile because it’s sad but it is so darn sweet.
It’s just like the book/movie Notebook, but actually really happened.
In Ohio, 2 weeks ago a 91 year old man died. His name was Harold. He and his wife Ruth had been married almost 66 years. He died just a few days before their anniversary, and yes less than 11 hours later Ruth died as well. A daughter said “They just weren’t going to go anywhere without the other one”…
Makes all that Miley Cyrus stuff go away, doesn’t it? These are 2 stories worth sharing…and remembering!!!.
Looked up National Dog Day this morning and this came up from Dayna Steele. It is so funny!! Who needs a real pooch when you have co workers who also have “dog like” qualities? I bet you can name someone at the office for each dog type she listed. Have fun!!! Old Dog. The favorite phrase of this employee or manager is: “But we have always done it this way.” New tricks are not in his or her repertoire. Puppy. This is the overly enthusiastic intern or administrative assistant who continually pops out of nowhere to be of help. This person means well but occasionally needs to be crated. Leg Humper. The sexual harasser who comes in many ages and forms but still does not realize his (or her) sexual come-ons and innuendos are not welcome. Or legal. Bull Dog. The company bully; the manager or employee who gossips and demeans other employees for his or her own enjoyment and advancement. Sniffer. Outside of dog circles, this would be the cubicle surfer always on the lookout to see what you are doing, what you are getting, if your office is better, and if your workload is lighter. Pedigree. The employee with an MBA, usually in a mid-level position, who looks down on everyone in the company. He is constantly insinuating that he will be leaving this company, unworthy of his talents (or hers), soon to take his tricks elsewhere. Alpha Dog. This top-level member of management may be a former pedigree dog or may have clawed his or her way to the top. However he or she got there, always remember this is the Top Dog. Mutt. The hardest working, most loyal employee of all who will probably never make management. These are the employees who keep the company going strong. Every once in a while, a mutt deservedly claws his or her way to the top. Best Trained. The administrative assistants who, in reality, run everything in the company. They know the most tricks, they know every company fact and figure, they know which kibble you eat and what dog bowl you prefer--and they know where all the bones are buried. This one should truly be man or woman’s best friend within the company.?
Are you brave enough to say which dog you are? I picked the Mutt for me and Old Dog for Sam although he is more than able to handle new tricks and does so all the time. But Old Dog was just too perfect!!!
Current fads you’re already sick of…
Or maybe you’re not tired of them yet, but we all know one day soon we will ask “what were we thinking”?
Here’s the list we put together for this morning.
1. T-shirts and posters that say "Keep Calm" followed by a dumb slogan. Like "Keep Calm and Drink a Beer," or "Keep Calm and Eat Bacon." It's from an old British propaganda poster during World War Two that said "Keep Calm and Carry On."
2. The phrase YOLO . . . 'You Only Live Once.'
3. Mustaches. Like, fake mustaches, mustaches on cars, hipster handlebar mustaches, mustache tattoos on your finger, all of it.
4. Using Instagram to make all your photos look vintage.
5. Vampires and zombies.
7. Wearing glasses when you don't need them.
I know you can add to this.
What current fad will soon run it’s course?
Been laughing at this ever since I saw it this morning.
Your turn now!!!
7 things husbands don’t want to hear during a home improvement “honey-do” project.
1. Maybe We Should Hire a Guy. 2. Are You "Sure" You Know What You're Doing 3. That's Not Finished... Is It? 4. "Don't Mess It Up." 5. That's Not the Way It Looks at "So-and-So's House," Magazines or Online. 6. What If We Do XYZ Instead? 7. But You Don't Know How To Do That!
I know summer is basically done…so why am I talking about traveling?
But it’s aimed at your next trip.
I read this morning that 26 million suitcases are lost or misplaced in airports every year.
That’s a lot!!!
But there is now a gadget you can buy for $50…that can help you find your bag
It’s about the size of your palm and you pack it in your bag .It ets you know with a text or an e mail that it’s arrived with you r has been sent to Duluth!!
The activation fee is $9 and the yearly service fee is $13, but I’m guessing after the first time you lose your bag you’re willing to pay this…Look it up at trakdot.com
I have already bought one of those gadgets that weighs your suitcase…For years, I would step on my scale at home with my overloaded suitcase and try to weigh it. It never worked. It was like a comedy routine. Plus I almost got a hernia lifting the thing about 10 times and still never getting the scale to move. But I saw at Macys and for just 25 dollars this gizmo that you attach to the handle and when you lift the suitcase it weighs it. It’s been accurate too…49 pounds every single time..except for in Thailand when the big tour books we had put it at 51…LOL!!
10 words you are most likely mispronouncing:
1. "Mischievous." You might be saying "miss-CHEEV-ee-us." But it's supposed to be "MISS-chiv-us."
2. "Chipotle." A lot of people think it's "chi-POL-tay." But it should be "chi-POAT-lay."
3. "Often." It rhymes with "soften." Don't say "OFF-ten."
4. "Sherbet." Not "SHER-bert" . . . "SHER-bet."
5. "Candidate." You might be used to hearing "CAN-a-dit." But it's actually "CAN-di-dit."
6. "Banal." If you use this word at all, you're probably saying "BAY-nul." But it's "buh-NAHL."
7. "Prerogative." Don't say it like Bobby Brown. Don't do ANYTHING like Bobby Brown. The word is "preh-ROGG-uh-tiv."
8. "Seuss." As in, Dr. Seuss." Everyone says "SOOSE," but it's supposed to be "SOICE." Even the Doctor himself gave up and started accepting the wrong way.
9. "Bruschetta." Almost everyone says "bruh-SHETT-uh." But you should be saying "broo-SKETT-uh."
10. "GIF." Don't say "JIFF." It's "GIFF," with a hard "G."
And Stephanie called with #11…Realtor. She says there is no “a” between the “l’ and “t”
And she should know because her husband is one!!!
Another favorite story from this morning…and it was perfect for our “love is in the air” Friday.
On Sunday morning, a woman from outside Seattle was just hours away from her wedding when she realized someone had broken into her car . . . and STOLEN her WEDDING DRESS.
She called 911 to report the crime, and an operator named Candice picked up. It turns out Candice just got married 18 months ago, and when she heard what happened, she asked her supervisor if she could help . . . then offered to lend the woman HER dress.
She texted the woman a photo of it, and the bride decided she LIKED the dress, AND thought it might even fit her.
So Candice called her husband, and had him drive across town to get it from her parents' attic. He wasn't even supposed to be home . . . he was actually home SICK when he should have been camping.
Oh, and he needed a key to the house, so he picked it up from his brother-in-law on the way. Only he ended up grabbing the WRONG key, and had to go back for the right one. In other words, there is NO WAY any of this should have worked.
But it DID: The husband eventually nabbed the dress, dropped it off at the groom's house, and the wedding went off without a hitch.
And as Sam said this morning, she wore that dress without 3 fittings at an additional $500…LOL!! Yep…touchy subject!!!
It’s one of those what would you do moments.
And I’m guessing you would just what this guy did.
The other day in Visalia…a guy was leaving the DMV, and found an envelope on the ground, picked it up, got into his car and drove off. He then looked inside and found $6900 in $100 bills…He could have kept driving, but he turned around, drove back to the DMV and turned it in.
The next day a 69 year old retiree named Guadalupe Salazar showed up looking for it. He didn’t really expect to find it but a DMV worker told him to contact the police.
Sure enough…they had it.
Turns out Salazar had taken the money out of the bank to buy his son a car….Says the envelope must have fallen out of his pocket on his way into the DMV to pick up a form.
Salazar’s son says they’re going to take their hero…46 year old Breck Reeves and his family out to dinner to say thank you and give him a reward of sorts.
Sweet story…but I’m wondering if the son will now have to settle for a new bike instead of the car.
Cant wait to see our response on this one..
If you want a better relationship with your spouse, don’t sleep in the same bed!!
Yep, another study that you need to live like Lucy and Ricky in I Love Lucy.
We never did see how the Cleavers slept, did we?
This new study says sleeping in the same bed can interfere with your ability to actually get sleep…that people who s hare a bed don’t typically sleep as deeply as they should, in part because both partners wake each other up multiple times a night by moving around and making sounds.
In fact, the study said the 30- 40 % who do sleep apart regularly have better relationships because of it.
Realized over the weekend I have been on Weight Watchers now for 2 months..
I’ve lost a big 7 pounds..LOL!!!
Actually, I’m very proud of myself and am almost at goal.
But boy sometimes it’s tough to stay disciplined…
So Cosmopolitan Magazine to the rescue!!
This cracks me up….their list of weird products that are designed to make you LOOK thinner even when you’re not…no diet or exercise needed!!
1. Apps That Make You Look Skinny. The "Skinny Camera" app magically shrinks you. "Skinny Booth" works on slimming just your face. And "Plump and Skinny Booth" shrinks down your waist AND plumps up your boobies!!!!
2. Thinning Perfumes. Apparently if you smell like a grapefruit, people will think you're smaller. And floral scents make you seem skinny, young and energetic. Just make sure you don't smell like jalapeño . . . supposedly it adds five to seven pounds.
3. Butt-lifting Pants. They have compression fabric that's supposed to be uplifting.
4. Full Body Shapewear. Basically, a Spanx Bodysuit. You're outfitted from elbows to knees in a "powernet," made of "shape-squeezing" material. Unfortunately, your unsqueezed calves, forearms, and head might still look fat.
5. Optical Illusion Outfits. Like skinny jeans with a black stripe down the side, that visually "cut off" the outside of your thighs. Or a white t-shirt with black circles on the sides that optically carve away your midsection.
6. Slimming Glasses. Find a style that naturally slims your face . . . but get them with blue magnification lenses. Blue food supposedly looks disgusting, so you'll eat less. And if you magnify it, you'll think you've eaten more.
Let’s see how you stack up on this one.
The 7 most dreaded “Mom” tasks around the house: 1.Putting photos in frames. If you saw my house, you know I have no problem with that. I have so many framed pictures, but putting pictures in an album, now that’s a different story. Hence the boxes of photos in my garages
2.Matching Tupperware lids. Where do they disappear to once you put them in the dishwasher? I’m thinking they meet up someplace private with the socks you lose in the dryer.
3. Pairing socks. Why can’t I throw mis- matched socks away? I always save them thinking someday they will turn up. They never do.
4. Weeding through too-small clothes. Why is it we tend to keep everything, I Along with the boxes of photos, I have all my daughters costumes, dancing outfits and even a lot of their baby clothes.
5. Dealing with the kids' artwork. Don’t we all need to rent a storage locker for this.
6. Organizing the playroom. Every doll and dinosaur should have a permanent home –But as soon as you find one, it gets taken out again…never to be put back.
7. Rearranging your daughter's dollhouse. Keeping a normal-sized house clean is always a challenge, but organizing accessories that are a mere half-centimeter can be daunting! I spent hours fixing my girls doll houses and they had a bunch of them. Used to organize the toy kitchen as well. In fact, I spent more time in the toy kitchen than the real one.
Favorite story of the day…..hands down this one!!!
You can replace your gym membership with SHOPPING!!
According to a new study, the average woman burns 15,000 calories every year from SHOPPING!!! A woman walks an average of 180 miles a year during shopping trips, which is the same as 7 Marathons. OK, that might be a stretch…LOL!!
Plus when you carry heavy SHOPPING bags as you walk, it’s helping burn more calories than just normal walking.
You know how I love TV!!!
Real Housewives, Big Brother, Flipping Out, Newsroom, Mad Men , Modern Family, Mistresses, Devious Maids….Yes, Trashy TV, Good TV… I watch so much TV.
Wish I didn’t…but I am a TV-holic!!!
I watch the news as well BTW….LOL!!!
In another month or so, we’ve got the new fall season. We will find out for sure who Sarah picks on Parenthood but since Ray Romano has signed back on, I’m guessing it’s Hank. That’s NBC. ABC meantime has announced that on Nashville (which I love) the rivalry between Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere’s characters is coming to a head. On Dancing with the Stars, there really won’t be any more results shows. Although they won reveal how contestants will be eliminated….just that it will involve some combo of judge and viewer votes. And they say Grey’s Anatomy could go on for several more seasons, although the contracts of the original cast members do expire in May. I just wish they didn’t end Private Practice. I liked that one more than Greys. What about you…what shows are you waiting for again?
It’s the little things in life that just make you feel darn good.
Went over some of these this morning.
See how many you agree with:
1. A compliment from a friend or significant other.
2. Having hair that was just styled, cut, or colored.
3. Looking good in a photo.
4. Having perfectly smooth legs.
5. Getting a good night's sleep.
7. Being told, "I love you."
8. Coming back from vacation with a tan.
9. A smile from a stranger.
10. Wearing new underwear.
11. Being told, "You look young."
12. Being asked where you bought something.
13. Getting dressed up.
14. A child saying you're pretty.
15. Waking up without any blemishes.
16. Wearing clothes that show off the best part of your body.
17. Getting your eyebrows done.
18. Being asked out on a date.
19. A new manicure.
20. Putting on makeup.
Posted a picture early this morning on Facebook…but here’s the whole story.
It’s fun to read….the worst fashion faux pas.
A retailer I had never heard of before…Debenhams…did this one…
and ended up with the top worst looks.
A thousand people were asked.
And yes…of course socks with sandals came in number one.But also listed:
velour tracksuits (now would the Juicy Velour suits count? I don’t think so)
slouchy “Hobo”-style purses