Sam and Lissa's Blog 6-10
Who knew that a coffee maker had so many uses….other than making coffee?
The stuff we find every morning… like the websites dedicated to all the other things you can make with a coffee maker.
1. Hot Dogs. Just run six-to-eight cups of water through the coffeemaker, then leave the burner on and toss the hot dogs in. Keep them in for 30 minutes. 8 minutes for a hard boiled egg.
2. Poached Chicken. Essentially, all you need is some chicken breast, some butter, and some water, and you let it cook in the coffee pot for 15 minutes on each side.
3. Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. Just remove the pot, wipe down the burner, and cook each sandwich like you normally would if you were using a pan.
4. Anything "Instant." This one's kind of obvious, but coffeemakers are great for things like oatmeal or ramen noodles, because all you have to do is add hot water and wait a few minutes.
5. Vegetables. You can do it two different ways. You can steam them by putting them in the filter basket, and then running water through the coffeemaker a few times. Or you can just fill the pot with hot water, dump the vegetables in, and let them cook until they're tender.
6. Chocolate Fondue. All you have to do is heat up some cream in the coffee pot for about 15 minutes . . . add in pieces of a chocolate bar and let them melt for 10 minutes . . . then stir it, and it's done.
Am I the only one who knows about a microwave? LOL!!!
Let me know if you try any of these out!!!
Good experiment for the kids over the summer. Would any of these qualify for science fair?