Sam and Lissa's Blog 12-6
If you have already had one too many Ho Ho Hos. Here’s what Dr. Phil says about surviving the holidays:
· Are you expecting too much?
· Lighten up and go with the flow. Take a step back and relax. When your family gets on your nerves, laugh it off.
· Remember that Christmas is not a problem-solving session. Deal with your family issues another time. (like next year or even the year after)
· Limit the time you spend with your family. No need to overdo it. LOL
· If a meal is stressful, try making changes. For example, maybe you need to invite fewer people, serve it buffet style, or have the celebration in a hotel or restaurant.
I like that last suggestion!!!
· Give yourself permission to not have perfection. Heck, that’s my advice every day!!!
· If the holiday season makes you focus on unresolved pain or guilt from your past, start creating new traditions. Easier said than done I know!!! But try it!!!
· Remember what the holidays are really about. Family togetherness, spiritual enlightenment and camaraderie with friends Wait a second, isn’t this why you’re stressed?
· If the holidays make you feel empty, give to others. The best way to get is to give. Fill your heart up by helping those who are less fortunate. This one sometimes helps the most!!!
So may I remind you that Stuff the Bus for Toys for Tots is next Saturday the 14th at Christmas in the Park across from the Fairmont in downtown San Jose. Sam and I as always do our show from there from10-2..but the KBAY Crew and those darn handsome Marines are there from 9-5. This may be the perfect time to not only give a toy but get your 2013 KBAY Holiday CD!!
Tags : Topics : Human InterestLocations : San JosePeople : Lissa, Phil, Sam