Sam and Lissa's Blog 12-21
Layna from our promotions department came in to my office this morning to say she had yet to buy a gift for her husband and most other people in her life…
Should I find out what time she’ll be shopping this weekend so you can join her for all the gifts you still need to buy? LOL!!!
And just to help you all out…
A column this morning on MSN.Com listed the gifts you women don’t want!!!
So take note!!!!
1. Anything she needs instead of wants --quick lesson: Women are good at taking care of details, so when they need something practical, they replace it, fast. Think thoughtful, not practical
2. Awful flowers --women love flowers but there's a big difference between good ones and bad. If you're stumped, ask a female florist to suggest something appropriate
3. Sports paraphernalia --even if she loves watching the playoffs, when it comes to gift-giving, leave your A-game home. And don't wear your Giants or Niners or even Raiders jersey to dinner at her mom's house
4. The sparkly stuff --women definitely love jewelry, but there are two things to remember: too much too soon is a bad idea; an expensive item like that really needs to match their style. Don't give $$$ unless you've been dating for at least a year and be observant and you'll pick up on specific items she likes. A fake necklace from the arcade game doesn't count.
5. A card that you've signed in front of her --does that need an explanation, Mr. Tacky? Find time when you're not together, like when you're reading the newspaper in the bathroom, and write something sweet
Tomorrow…Worst gifts for men!!!
Tags : People : Lissa, Sam, Tacky