Sam and Lissa's Blog 12-16
Now here’s something handy to keep nearby for the holidays.
15 great ways to make an “adult” hot chocolate. In other words, 15 ways to spike hot chocolate. All seem pretty simple.
1. Pumpkin pie hot chocolate. Add white chocolate, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie liqueur.
2. Mint hot chocolate. Add tequila and peppermint schnapps.
3. Nutella hot chocolate. It actually doesn't have Nutella in it. You just put in some brandy and Frangelico.
4. El Dorado hot chocolate. All it takes is rum and cinnamon liqueur.
5. Oaxaca Chaka Cocktail. Put hot chocolate together with cinnamon and tequila.
6. Red Wine hot chocolate. Use bittersweet hot chocolate and red wine.
7. The hot chocolate martini. Add vanilla vodka and Bailey's. Plus two araschino cherries
.8. Hot mint chocolate toddy. Add Kahlua and peppermint schnapps. Maybe some little marshmallows and chocolate flakes..
9. Frozen hot chocolate margarita. This one is frozen hot chocolate, tequila, Kahlua, and Grand Marnier. With chocolate sprinkles instead of salt.
10. Orange hot chocolate. Add Pisco and Grand Marnier.
11. Coconut white hot chocolate. White hot chocolate and coconut rum.
12. Peppermint hot chocolate. Just add peppermint schnapps.
13. "Grown Up" hot chocolate. Add marshmallow vodka and homemade Bailey's marshmallows. I put this recipe on Pinterest.
14. Bacon and hazelnut hot chocolate. Add bourbon and Frangelico, and dip a piece of bacon right in there like a stirring stick.
15. Irish hot chocolate. Add Guinness, whisky, and Bailey's.
I think I’ll try number 6. What about you or do you have an even better
one? What is your favorite holiday drink to make?