Here’s a Halloween Candy Quiz for you…Got it out of Real Simple Magazine…
6 different options…you pick which is healthier.
- Skittles or Peanut M and M’s? A fun-size bag of Skittles only has 61 calories compared to 90 in the same size Peanut M and Ms…but the Peanut Mand Ms are lower on the glycemic index which means the sugar gets into your blood stream more gradually. Skittles spike your blood sugar and don’t fill you up so the winner is …Peanut MandM’s.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or Snickers? Reese’s have more protein but Fun-size Snickers have less fat and 10 fewer calories so the winner is Snickers.
- Sweet Tarts or Smarties? An entire roll of 15 Smarties only has 25 calories and 5 grams of sugar. 8 Sweet Tarts have 50 calories and 13 grams of sugar. So the winner is …Smarties.
- Twix or Kit Kat? Twix has more calories and 3 times as much sodium so the winner is….Kit Kat.
- Caramel Apple or Candy Apple? Caramel is made with butter, which means more calories and fat so the winner is…Candy Apple.
- Tootsie Rolls or Candy Corn? You’d think Candy Corn as you have to eat 4 pieces to equal one Tootsie but you never just eat 4. But if you’re vegan, opt for Tootsie Rolls…as candy corn has gelatin, which is an animal product. SO the winner…Tootsie Rolls.
Whatever….eat em' all and enjoy!!!!