Check out our blog from the KBAY studio in San Jose!
Sam and Lissa's Blog 10-22
by Lissa Kreisler,posted Oct 22 2013 9:46AM
Kids say the darndest things.
Nothing can make you smile more than listening to what kids say. And some of them give so much better advice than we adults do.
This morning, we had some really sweet ones that people have collected. Enjoy
1. "My little sister gave me a juice box as I was packing to move out and said, 'No one is really a grown up. They just act old because they have to.'"
2. "I saw a two- or three-year-old girl crying at the zoo. She said she was tired. Her young brother said, 'Don't worry, life's all about feeling tired, then feeling happy, then feeling tired, then feeling happy!' Then he gave her his granola bar."
3. "I told a kid he just said a made-up word. He said, 'All words are made-up at first.'"
4. "When my uncle was dying, his son asked, 'Does everyone die?' We told him, 'Eventually, yes.' He said, nonchalantly, 'Well if we're all going to die, why are we so afraid of it?'"
5. "My friend's kid explained the Incredible Hulk to me. 'He's a big green monster and when he needs to get things done, he turns into a scientist.'
6. "At my little cousin's birthday, someone said to him, 'You're getting old.' He replied, 'I've been getting old since I was born.'
7. "At a bonfire, I mentioned to my friend's son it smelled like my childhood. He said to me, 'And now it will smell like my childhood when I grow up.'"
8. "I saw a parent handing kids a few coins at an arcade, saying the usual parent thing, 'Don't spend it all!' One kid looked at the coins and said, 'But all you can do with money is spend it.'"
9. "A friend's kindergartener had to answer the question, 'What is special about me?' He wrote, 'I am no one else.'"
10. "An old man had just lost his wife, and the little boy who lived next door went and sat on his lap. When I asked what he said to the man, the kid said, 'Nothing, I just helped him cry.'"